Said, Hermes Trismegistus of the Reformation and Renaissance era who’s often called divine source of wisdom, master of world of alchemy, astrology and theurgy. This quote is believed to have demystified one of the biggest secrets of life
In the modern world – “As Within” presumes – what do we think deep within ourselves, how well we know ourselves. “So Without” supposes – that it will get expressed in the life we lead.
“As above” represents what’s on our minds (Heaven). “So below” epitomizes that it will be seen in and around our body and environment (Earth).
The concept is that of interconnectedness. With this heightened knowledge of Trismegistus supposition, I want to share two things that I did:
Over the last few years, started to slowly and many a times painfully to learn the nuances of human mind starting with my own. I took many a different road to go deeper into the working of human mind, thoroughly understand the first principles and its manifestation is that I am now a certified ICF coach and an EQ 20.0 practitioner. In corporate parlance we could perhaps equate it to the grasp of human potential and understanding the journey of culture, human emotions & intelligence from IQ to EQ to SQ.
As Within, So Without. As Above, So Below!
The other thing, I am often asked is – What should we do?
- Keep our heads down and intently focus on our goals and deliverables OR stay aligned with the larger fraternity to share and learn?
- Deliver on our own tasks and those of our team, boss and company OR go over and above and across to create and deliver value to larger community?
To my mind it’s was never a choice between This OR That but always about This AND That! Strike the right balance. Do the right thing! When you:
- Think you’ve mastered the concept – Get credentialed, Share freely
- Feel you’ve delivered supreme value – Win an award that truly matters, Add value
- Believe you’ve gained rich experiences – Become a storyteller, Change lives
I have learnt to be true to myself, let my authentic self reign supreme, allowed my purpose to be my beacon. After all, choices I make in my inner world will play out in my real world.
As Within, So Without. As above, So Below!